I've been a bit all over the place the last few weeks, with lots of things floating around my brain without being able to really nail anything down. I started working on a little bit of a "rebranding" exercise - tweaking the logo and the website a little, and designing new labels and tags. Inspired by this post from the very talented Emma Lamb, I ordered a set of mini-cards (to use as hang tags) and business cards from Moo - I can't wait to get them! I've also been working on some tea cosies in new colours (in addition to the turquoise one from the last post, which is now finally finished). And these colour tests I did for a custom order have really inspired me!
I really like the freshness of the bright colours against the white. I'll be making more to add to the shop as mini-trivet sets. The idea also mutated into shawls, which I added to the shop last week.
Here is the custom order that got the colour ball rolling in my head. The customer chose a blue colour scheme for the containers.
I had a little trouble with colour bleeding initially (which didn't happen on the tests - I guess because they were much smaller, with less of the dark colour), and had to redo the darker ones - it took a fair bit of experimenting to finally get it right. These were shipped off to Australia last week - I just love that the things I'm making are finding new homes all around the world!